Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I was the victim?

My former employer never gave me an official reason for my dismissal, but I maintain that the video was the cause since it was implied that the video launched the formal investigation that led to my termination. As painful as it probably was for HR to sit through the video, my email exchanges with other 2HW employees were much worse. Before I actually got fired, I forwarded a bunch of emails home. Tonight, I came across an incriminating exchange. For the sake of anonymity, I won’t say if it was with Craig or Andrew Schmack, but I will say that it probably cannot be considered “business related”.

The exchange began with me forwarding an email to an unnamed 2HW rep (U2R) saying, “for the love of God look at her signature”. The quote at the end of this person’s signature said, “If you want to be a smart cookie, you can’t have a crumby attitude. –Unknown” I hate auto-signature quotes to begin with, but whenever I got one so ridiculous I about lost it. I thought it was a nice touch that my little friend took the time to let me know that the compelling quote’s author is “Unknown”. I’m kind of surprised that Ben Franklin didn’t claim that beauty.
U2R sent back the following reply, “If you don’t want a bleeding anus, then stay away from Brokeback Mountain. Oooh. That one’s going to get me fired”. To which I replied, “I told (Blank) about what you said and she wrote back with the following (Mary is the gay man that used to work in our department) ‘Mary said after a while it doesn’t hurt anymore’”. U2R came back with, “All right. I suggest we start a new email chain”.

Yeah, I got fired because of the video.

No comments: