Thursday, November 2, 2006

Owww My Liver!!!

Craig does bad impressions. One of his worst is Beavis. Craig and I once watched an episode where Beavis gets in a car wreck and cries, “Oww! Oww! My liver!” When Craig tried to mimic that phrase, he made Beavis sound French.

The impression was so horribly memorable that he and I continue to use “oww my liver” after suffering just about any injury…a stubbed toe, a kick to the growing, or most often as a compliment to the other’s comedy, as in “I’m laughing so hard I just sprained my liver”.
I rarely use the phrase around the house, so it surprised me today when my 4-year old daughter bumped her hip into the chair I was sitting in and said, “Oww my liver”. I was so proud. Her impression sounded much more like Beavis than Craig’s. I think I’ve found my new buddy comedy partner.

No comments: