Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Fun Committee Update

Against my better judgment, I just opened an email with the subject “Fun committee”. After reading it, I proceeded to turn my left palm face up and repeatedly pounded my forehead with that palm, while saying things like “Why?” “Make it stop” and “What the hell is wrong with me that I ended up here?”

The email was from the fun committee chair (FCC), who works in Capital Asset Accounting. How could putting someone from CAA in charge of departmental fun possibly go wrong? Due to departmental common sense, she ran for Fun Chair unopposed. It took two full weeks for one other human to lose their mind and volunteer to join the committee, yet FCC’s email requested that two additional representatives be added to the committee…from each team.

A twelve-person team tasked with making work fun seems about right. I’m sure the volunteers from Gross-Margin Accounting and Accounts Payable Accounting Support will have some groundbreaking ideas in fun making. It’s almost enough to make me want to volunteer for the committee. The material gained from those meetings would be priceless. But, surely I wouldn’t be able to stay in character if FCC’s spoken word is as entertaining as her written word.
Here’s an unedited excerpt from the email, “The representatives will help come up with Idea’s and concepts for monthly events that will encourage camaraderie and fun. We need to have a little fun some times are we will all go nuts.”

Dear FCC,

Trust me when I tell you that you’re not going to want to bring your fun “Idea’s” and concepts anywhere near me, “are” I really am going to go nuts.

Thanks,
Matt from 2HW

No comments: