Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Interoffice Romance

My relationship with the office janitor has taken an uncomfortable turn. The last two times I’ve seen him, he’s touched me.


The first time was in the elevator. It seemed innocent enough. I didn’t notice that the elevator was downward bound and I think I got his hopes up when I inadvertently joined him on his ride to the basement. When I realized my mistake, I muttered something about not realizing the elevator was going down. He gave me a reassuring pat on the back, saying, “It’s okay”. He’s like the big brother I wish I never had.


Today I used my newfound Native American powers to sneak up behind him in the break room. I was trying to grab a cup and get out of there before he could see me, but he must have some pretty sweet peripheral vision or maybe he memorized my scent, because he turned around quickly, saying, “Oh boy, you scared me”. I think he wanted to hug it out, but I turned my shoulder, which he patted. I gave a half-hearted smile/look of disgust and got out of there.
So far his touches have been “appropriate” yet unwelcome. But, I’m worried that he’s going to try to take our relationship to the next level and go up my shirt next time.


To Do List:

1) Set up a meeting with the Janitor to clearly define our relationship.

2) Stop wearing blouses with plunging necklines until this blows over.

No comments: